Friday, October 12, 2007

Training Run

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

With 8 days left before the PPP event, I replicated the entire race today for a big training session.
PADDLE - 4 mi paddle (blue line) - 54 min. Last yr time 45 min.
PANT - 5.1 mile run (red line; one way) - 47 min. Last yr time 52 min.
PEDAL - 22.6 mile bike (yellow line; two ways) - 1 hr 21 min. Last yr time 1 hr 22 min.

My goal is to finish under 3 hours and the GPS said I finished in 3 hours exactly. I think I can make up time in 3 areas: transition time, the length of the run, and a better bike path. I was a little long on the run, and my bike path was on some less than ideal roads, so there's a little time. The transition time is key - if I have everything really ready to jump in and go, I can save several minutes. Anyway it went well; I feel pretty good, but like I need a nap. My lower back was tightening up at the end just like during last year's race. Nothing I can't get through. I'll push it more than last time since now I know for sure I can finish. My running time is definitely better. My paddle time was not as good. Possible I was in better paddling shape last year, but could be just that I had some wind today. I think the Wolf River course will be easier.

The weather was GREAT and it's a spectacular time of year to be outside end enjoying things. It's a rare day off and I intend to make the most of it.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Wow! That sounds like a pretty cool event. Good luck!

Anna said...

Thanks! It was a fun time last year and I'm hoping for more of the same, and good weather...