Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Short Evening Paddles

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I haven't had time to do long paddles lately, but I try to get out on the water at least once a week, even if for a short trip before dark. Mom gets credit for this picture; I edited it for paint effects. Another paddle a couple of days ago was a real lifesaver. I must have had stress built up, because I sprinted across the bay without stopping and never ran out of energy. It felt awesome and definitely restored my sanity.

There are a lot of fish in the bay, and the water has cooled considerably. There's a feeling of fall in the air and the water.

2 1/2 weeks until this year's PPP event. I haven't trained at all on the bike but have been going to spin class regularly. I'm confident I can run the 5 miles. Even without specific training I think I'll do better than last year, because I'm 20 pounds lighter. But I'll try to get in a few training runs this weekend and next, to make a good show and meet a good challenge.

No comments: